Wednesday 30 January 2008

Eric & Courtney

I received this email from Eric (25) and Courtney (26) from Gilbert, AZ who got engaged during a rendition of 'Hands Down' at a D/C concert! This it they're story:

"My wife, Courtney, and I have been following Dashboard since the beginning. The first tattoos we ever got were a declaration to our love for one another and Dashboard. We actually got engaged during 'Hands Down' at a Dash concert and it is "our song". So a few months after we got married we got tattoos together. We both got the record adapter logo and she got the first line of the song winding down here arm and I got the last line across my chest. Their music has meant a great deal to us as a couple. It had guided us through times and helped us celebrate. The other Dashboard tattoo is the Shade of Poison Trees apple I have on my arm. When the band sent out emails months before the album including nothing more than that apple logo itself I was pumped. I found out this was for sure the album cover art and that same week (before I heard a note of the album) I got it inked on me. I did it as a declaration to my trust and faith in the band. I knew I could trust Chris and the band to always produce music that means a great deal to me. I was correct and "The Shade of Poison Trees" is an album that Courtney and I hold very close to heart."


Love em! Thanks for sharing guys.

Stay Safe

x

6 comments:

monument to lonliness said...

Is that little symbol you have with two of your DC tats, DC related? JW because i've never seen anything like that before and was just curious. Sorry if I am completely stupid and its like Duh..its this, or this hahah but i am just wondering.thanks

thatguymatt said...

Yes its an old DC logo.

Unknown said...

yes, it is actually a record adapter used to play 45 singles or 7 inches on full size record players. the symbol appeared in the album art for the So Impossible EP. Take care. -eric

nicksmycoastie said...

thats so cute. but honestly my husband and i have been doing the same only with a different band, bayside. weve followed them from the beginning and now both have bayside tattoos that we got together.

Penelope Huxley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Penelope Huxley said...

hey! are you guys the couple who show up at every DC show in LA and have matching "Breahe in for luck breathe in so deep" tats on your arms?!