Sunday 9 December 2007

Nikki Elliott

Kari who is a new member of the 'This Old Wound' team, forwarded this email to me. Its from Nikki Elliott (22) from Belpre, OH.

"I've been a fan of Dashboard since early 2003. Chris' words have always been an inspiration for me. Always there to comfort and inspire me. Every song is like poetry and I can't even name a favorite any more, I just adore them all. I had been juggling the idea of a DC related tattoo for years but never really knew what I wanted.

I had a few ideas but nothing ever stuck. I knew I wanted something with lyrics and I knew I wanted something cute and girly. My first DC concert was one in Columbus, OH where they actually were opening for Beck. It was just amazing. It was so surreal to see this man that owed so much to, standing there baring his soul for me. One of the first songs he sang was 'Remember to Breathe' and it just really stuck with me throughout the years. It's just a constant r
eminder to take life slow and to try to keep a calm head amongst life's chaos.

My life has been really hard and sometimes it's difficult not to give into negative thoughts and depression but my tattoo is a reassurance that things will get easier in time.
Although now it seems a bit trite as a lot of people have 'Remember to Breathe' tattoo'd on them, my tattoo means a lot to me and always will. Along with the DC meaning behind it, my best friend actually made the star design, so I'll always be reminded of our friendship. I'm running a few more DC tat ideas around in my head and will hopefully get at least two more in the next few years."


Great tattoo! Thanks Nikki.

If you want to contact with us to get yourself featured on the website, you can email myself (Matt) at DBCTattoo@gmail.com or Kari at staffdbctattoo@gmail.com

Thanks,

Stay safe

x

No comments: